Where We are
Watch Our Services!
|Milo Tomas||Baguio City, Philippines||Independent baptist Missions for Asians|
|Steven Cook||Jewish People Groups worldwide||Jewish Worldwide Missions||http://www.scook.org/index.html|
|The McCoy Family||Unalakleet, Alaska||Baptist International Missions||https://www.facebook.com/lisapat.mccoy|
|John and Barge Sage||Internet-based ministry, focusing on Mexico, Central America, South America and Spain||Camino Global||https://www.caminoglobal.org/about/sage|
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs, but Lens Creek Missionary Baptist Church affirms that:
- We believe the Bible, composed of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament, is the complete and divine revelation of God, verbally and plenarily inspired. These scriptures are inerrant, infallible in the originals. Furthermore, we believe that the same God who inspired His Word has divinely preserved His Word through the ages, and we hold the King James (Authorized) Version of the Holy Bible to be God's preserved Word for English speaking people.
- We believe that the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice. The Scriptures should be interpreted according to their normal literal, grammatical-historical meaning. This includes prophecy. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
- We believe in one true triune, self-existent, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, transcendent, immanent God who is the creator of the time, space, matter and all that exists.(Isaiah 57:15, 1 Timothy 1:17,Genesis 1:1,John 1:1-3)
- We believe that God created the world in six literal, 24 hour days.
- We believe that God created man in His own image from the dust of the ground on the sixth day.(Genesis 2:7)
- We believe that God eternally exists in three distinct persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) each of Whom is fully and equally God, that they all possess all of the divine nature and attributes, and is totally worthy of our worship and service (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 1:14, John 10:30; 2 Cor. 13:14).
- We believe the God the Father is the first person of the Godhead, and is the Holy, Sovereign Ruler and Sustainer of the universe.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the second person of the Godhead and is the eternal, uncreated, only begotten Son of God who became flesh to reveal God to man, to fulfill prophesy and to become the Savior of the Lost word. In becoming human, Jesus did not cease being God in any way and that Jesus is fully God and fully man.(John 1:14)
- We believe that Jesus was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died on the cross as the vicarious, all-sufficient atoning sacrifice for the sins, was buried in a borrowed tomb.(Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27, 34, Matthew 27:26, Luke 23:33,Isaiah 53:3-5, 1 Peter 3:18,Galatians 2:19-20)
- We believe that three days later Jesus rose bodily from the dead, and 40 days, later bodily ascended into Heaven.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third member of the Godhead. He convicts of sin inhabits the hearts of believers and empowers and equips believers to live according to the will of God.
- We believe that God created man in His image and likeness, but that in Adam’s sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; Ephesians 2:1-3, 12).
- We believe that men are saved by grace alone, through faith alone in the vicarious death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus alone. Jesus finished the work of salvation on the cross and makes the offer of the free gift of salvation to every man, woman, boy or girl. (John 3:3-6, 16; 10:28-29 Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-10; I Timothy 2:5-6; I Peter 1:18-23; Hebrews 9:22)
- While we believe that those who have a saving trust in Jesus will produce good works, our works do not merit salvation. It is God who performed the work of salvation on the cross, and nothing man does adds to or takes away from what He already has done. Therefore, we hold that a man who has been truly saved cannot lose his salvation. (Romans 4:1-4; Acts 16:31; John 1:12; 3:16; 5:24; 12:46; Ephesians 2:8-10; I John 2:1-2)
- We believe that Christ established the two ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper (or Communion.) We believe that the scripture clearly teaches baptism by immersion by believers. Neither baptism nor the Lord's Supper are a means of grace but stand as a sacred memorial of the life, ministry, and sacrifice of Jesus. Acts 8:36-37, 1 Peter 3:21, 1 Corinthians 11:24-26
- We believe each New Testament church is independent and autonomous. Jesus Christ is the head and the pastor accountable to Christ. Matthew 28:19-20 Ephesians 1:22, 23 Acts 2:41-47 Ephesians 4:11-13 I Timothy 3:1-13 I Corinthians 12:12, 13
- We believe in the bodily Resurrection of the Righteous Dead (I Thess. 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:42-44; I Corinthians 15:52).
- We believe in the eternal blessedness of the saved in a literal place called Heaven, where the redeemed go immediately upon death and the eternal punishment of the unsaved in a literal place called the Lake of Fire. At death, the unsaved are held in Hell until the time of the Great White Throne judgment when they will be raised in bodily form and cast into the Lake of Fire, which is their place of final and everlasting punishment
- We believe in a premillennial, pretribulation rapture of the church.
- We believe that following the rapture will be the tribulation period, the “seventieth week of Daniel” where God’s wrath will be poured out on earth
- We believe that at the end of this period of seven years, the Lord Jesus will return bodily to the earth; this is called the Second Coming of Christ.
- We believe Jesus will establish a physical theocratic kingdom on the earth for 1000 years. Satan is bound during this time but will be released at the end of the 1000 year reign to be cast into the Lake of Fire. I Thessalonians 4:1-5:2; II Thessalonians 2:1-12; Revelation 19:1-20:15; Daniel 9:25-27; Matthew 24:4-25:4
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between one man and one woman, and hold that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex.
- We believe that God disapproves of and forbids any attempt to alter one’s gender by surgery or appearance. (Gen. 2:24; Gen. 19:5, 13; Gen. 26:8-9; Lev. 18:1-30; Rom. 1: 26-29; 1 Cor. 5:1; 6:9; 1 Thess. 4:1-8; Heb. 13:4)
- We believe that the only Scriptural marriage is the joining of one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24; Rom. 7:2; 1 Cor. 7:10; Eph. 5:22-23)
- We believe that men and women are spiritually equal in position before God but that God has ordained distinct and separate spiritual functions for men and women in the home and the church. The husband is to be the leader of the home, and men are to be the leaders (pastors and deacons) of the church. Accordingly, only men are eligible for licensure and ordination by the church. (Gal. 3:28; Col. 3:18; 1 Tim. 2:8-15; 3:4-5, 12)
- We believe that since humans are the image-bearers of God, and object of God’s incredible love, all human life is sacred, therefore every individual possesses dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love. As such, we do not believe in abortion or euthanasia.(Psalm 8:4-9; Colossians 3:9-11).
- We believe that the Bible condemns becoming intoxicated. (Proverbs 20:1, Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:21, Proverbs 23:21, 1 Corinthians 5:11, Romans 13:13 Hosea 4:11, 1 Peter 5:8) Therefore, we believe consuming alcohol as a beverage even in moderation is at best unwise and potentially dangerous. We further believe that the consumption of alcohol as a beverage would damage our Christian testimony in the community, and may cause our brothers and sisters to stumble.
Sunday School Lessons - Pastor Andrew reads the Sunday School Lesson
new recordings are here
Sunday School lessiosn are from the Summer 2017 Stanrd Lesson Quarterly, copyright 2017 by Standard Publish, Colorodo Springs, CO., part of the David C. Cook Family. These recordings represent fair-use under US copyright law, and are made for vision-impared members of the church.
Page 1 of 2
|Sunday Morning Worship|
|Sunday Evening Worship|
|Wednesday Bible Study|
Need a ride to Church? We'll come get you!